Tumblr is an easy micro blogging tool which has been extensively used to share different kinds of information. You can create a free account to write your blog and even point your domain to it and then manage your website via Tumblr’s dashboard. Here, I have tried to compile a simple way to connect one’s domain from GoDaddy to Tumblr.
Steps to Point domain to Tumblr from GoDaddy
– From the list of available domains, Click on the name of the domain you want to point to Tumblr.
– You will be taken to a new page where you need to enter the IP of Tumblr(ie 188.8.131.52) across the @ sign as shown below.
– If you try to access your domain then it will be redirected to Tumblr if every this is fine.
– Now, Log in to your Tumblr account.
– On the dashboard Click the Setting which is under My account as shown below.
– Select the blog you’d like to update on the right side of the page as shown below.
– Click the edit to the right of the USERNAME label and enable “Use a custom domain” from the options and click Save button
If everything is fine then your domain now will be pointed to Tumblr. Happy Blogging and hope it helped you to point domain to Tumblr from GoDaddy.